The Kilcoyne Clan

Friday, February 19, 2010

My day and the little things that I miss, and thing that make me happy.

So. Where do I start this blog with the long title?????

I see the word RANDOM in my title. So I am going to write RANDOM things lol.

Lets see....

The little things that I miss. ..

  1. Having a mailbox at the end of my driveway.
  2. SNOW storms a few times a year.
  3. Skiing
  4. A small downtown area. Ya know... The kind with the butcher, the baker, and the candle stick maker??? Literly!
  5. The Post office where people know your name.
  6. Living in a town that you can walk or ride your bike to the train station if you want to. Then hop on the train and head to Chicago.
  7. I miss seeing different faces. The faces of people who work blue collar and white collar jobs, but raise their families with the same values
  8. No humidity.
  9. Seeing faces from all over the world. I see that here too, but not as much as Chicago.
  10. I miss the ZONEing laws they have in Chicago and all of the burbs.
  11. I miss the Creative Learning Art Studio for Kids, The Children's Museum, The Park District, Ice Rink, Ski resort areas. Even the little one we have in town. Sledding is available all over, snowmobiling, and ice skating on the pond.
  12. I miss my old church and all the people we have met along the way.
  13. I miss the Chicago food. We are not small from Chicago, but damn are we happy. LOL!!!
  14. I miss Wrigley Field
  15. I miss my friend and family.
  16. I miss the lush trees, hills, and traditional and old school views people have.
  17. I miss the security, meaning, you don't feel you need a loaded gun, and having an alarm system is just a plus. Not a necessity.
  18. I miss the beautiful forest preserves.
  19. I miss that being different is a good thing, and that it's what make the world go round and makes friendships closer....
  20. OK, it's number 20, I need one more thing.... Oh, I miss good shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do have to admit, even though I do miss IL. I have become to accept and get used to TX. It will grow on me. It already is. It is just going ot take time. Here are the things I love about TX so far.

  1. My new friends.
  2. Southern hospitality
  3. People are polite
  4. The kids have the best preschool and I don't know what I would do without the teachers, and parents I have met.
  5. I enjoy the fact that most people are from somewhere else, so you don't feel like you are the only one who has moved from out of state. They have been there and done that too....
  6. The thunderstorms are amazing.
  7. There is a park right down my street.
  8. Neighbors are great.
  9. People want to visit because it is warmer than the North.
  10. I have a fence in the back yard and a beautiful home. One I cold not afford in IL.
  11. I will work on getting to 20, but that will take a little more time. Just give me time. I WILL get there.
Today....

  1. I brought Maggie to school with her friend Claira. Jimmy went with Rich. AFTER we jump started my car lol.
  2. I grocery shopped.
  3. I ate lunch with the kids at school.
  4. I had a mamogram, and it looks like it went well. THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. I worked out for an hour at the gym... OK, I walked, but hey, that is better than doing nothing.
  6. I was able to return some calls that needed to be returned.
  7. Rich made avacado and cucumber sushi rolls for dinner. DELISH!!!
  8. I am doing laundry. It is all a work in progress. LOL
  9. I called my mother and grandmother.
  10. Now, I am off to read and go to bed. I am cashed!!!
If this post was boring sorry. If it was annoying that I was venting, tough. I needed it. LOL!!! Have a great night an talk to you soon........ TTFN.

No comments: