The Kilcoyne Clan

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day 2010

Hello from Chicago! Jimmy and Rich just left for Monster Truck Jam with the Laskosz boys. Their yearly tradition they have kept up since the boys were 2 years old. The kids were stoked! Then Jimmy is off to his first sleepover with Patrick and Andrew after the show. He is thrilled, and I am too, but also sad. It means he is offically a big boy going to his friends house for a sleepover. However, I love the fact that Patrick and Andrew's parents are also some of our very best friends. COMFORTING!!!

This morning my mom had both of the kids place mats filled with candy, new Valentine's Day cups, and each a book. Jimmy got a Skippy John Jones book and Maggie a Pinkilicious (sp?) sticker and story book. They were so happy. Rich got to sleep in after enjoying a night out with Keith, Paul, and my brother at Bannerman's for some beer and the Winter Olympics. Speaking of Olympics. Vancover is one of the most beautiful places on this earth. I would live there if given the chance. The Kilcoyne Family is a winter sport family. Jimmy is already getting into snowboarding, and Rich and I ski. Maggie even wants to learn to ski. I plan to get her on some ski's next year. We also love to sled, snowmobile, and ice skate. Even ice hockey. The things we can't do in TX. Go figure. Hopefully one day we will find our family back up North again. However, only Rich's job will make that decision. We can't complain about Rich's job. OR maybe we will just win lotto and have a home in TX and a home in CO. I could live a good life with a second home in Vail.

Maggie and I will go to our friends The Hadjuk's later. Their names are Michelle, Keith, Megan and Kaylin.... So, if you hear me refer to them again, you know who I am talking about. Michelle is making a big turkey dinner with all the fixins. SCORE!!!! We are LUCKY!!!! This way Maggie can enjoy time with her friend Kaylin who is less than 1 month younger than her while Jimmy is at his big day.

Rich bought me a dozen red roses and 3 protein bars. If you don't know yet. I am on a restricted diet. Unfortunately it has sucked in the past almost 24 hours, but is back to the grind starting 2:00 pm to be exact... (which is what time it is RIGHT NOW). LOL. I have to be on a low sugar, low fat diet. It is soooooo hard for me, but I have to. I also have to exercise. Bottom line, there needs to be a new and healthy me.

Then..... This morning. I visited my friend Carey and her dog Hank. Of course her two kids and hubby too. Hank is one of the sweetest large breed dogs out there. He is called a Leonberger. Which is a cross between a St. Bernard, Newfoundland, and Great Pyrenees. He is BEAUTIFUL and the sweetest dog... He is sick, and it is sad. He is 10 years old and Carey is having to think about things she never wanted to about Hank. Hank even has a 2009 Denali XL named after him, laterly. The liscense plate says "Hankerdoo". So, as all of you know, I LOVE ANIMALS, and will be praying for Hank and the Olson's. There is nothing that can get you through a rough day like the love of a pet.

So, for me.... my life.... Hmmmmm..... Same shit different day. LOL. My main focus as I said earlier is my health.... besides my bad diet in the last 24 hours. I also want to live on a strict budget and make 2011 an EXCELLENT year.

My dad has his good days and bad. My mom is concerned about her school district. U-46 sucks!!!! Michael is taking two classes at the local community college and has met a great group of new friends. I am proud of him for doing that.

Ok, it is mid afternoon. Maggie is sleeping and the boys are out. Hmmm, now for some ME time.

Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments: