The Kilcoyne Clan

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Life....

Right now it is 11:03 am and I am sitting in my office with my Yellow Labrador Buddy and my Black Labrador Daisy. Daisy, is snoring, and Buddy is having a dream (his paws act as if they are running in the air) LOL. Welcome to the life of.... The Kilcoyne Household.

Today started out nice. Breakfast in bed, and slept in until 9 am. Not bad for a Saturday morning with a husband, 2 kids and 2 dogs. Rich is going to be traveling this week, so, when this happens, I usually get a break one weekend morning.

So, I thought today I thought.... Rich was going to take Jimmy with him to run various errands, which they did, and Maggie and I would have a day together. After all of the above. I thought we were going to go to the Chase's house for dinner and fun (FYI, the Chase's are Mike, Lindsey, Sammy and Sophia...oh, and they awesome German Shepheard Kona). INSTEAD. The boys did their thing. They got a lot done and had a great time together. Jimmy even picked out a pair of sunglasses for Maggie. He told Rich, that she had to have them. So sweet. Meanwhile. Maggie was getting super whiney and cranky. Hmmm.... So, she went down for a nap, and woke up with a fever of 100.7 (around 215pm). I then called Lindsey to let her know, we had to reschedule, which she was totally understanding. I felt so bad. She was going to make a great dinner etc etc... Then, around 530 pm, I took Maggie's temp again and it was 103 F. Yuck!!!! Poor girl spent the day hanging with Rich or myself in bed instead. We watched Dora, Wonder Pets, Oliva, and the movie Bolt. Then after her meds and her temp was under control off to bed she went... Jimmy followed shortly...

Rich and I cleaned the house a little, and chatted while he was packing for yet another trip to Michigan. I swear, IL and Michigan are his home. Texas is his second home LOL. I wish him a very safe trip and flight. Sometimes we all gotta do, what we gotta do. It all works out.

I am realizing how fast our kids are growing up today. Makes me so sad and excited at the sametime. I also notice, we have bright kids. Not master minded geniuses but bright kids. Our kids also have a great sense of humor. Jimmy is all boy, but very sensitive. He is very into how people are feeling and concerned about what is going on around him. Maggie, for the most part is very easy going, but stubborn. She knows what she wants and when she wants it. However, she is very loyal to the people she loves.

Today, was a pretty boring post. I am in a ho hum kind of mood. I hope to report tomorrow that our home is fever free and that we have a great start to a new week.

No comments: