The Kilcoyne Clan

Friday, February 26, 2010

Goals

So, today I have thought about a few things.  One of the main things being, well, my health.  I NEED to try my very best to be healthy.  Losing weight is great, but only if it is for the right reasons.  I decided my reasons would be mainly, besides myself, for my family.  Here are my goals....oh, and please chime in for any tips.  I am totally open minded to any and everything.
  1. I can give great advice, but suck at taking it.  I am stubborn, and need to do things when I am ready and on my time.  So, with that being said, my first goal is to get healthy.  I am finally going to try and walk my walk.  I am not perfect, but I promise myself to try my best.  The best is all I expect from my kids and everyone I know.  Why should I be any different.  I owe it to myself and my family.
  2. Lower my cholestrol, and possibly get off cholestrol meds.
  3. Keep my sugars at healthy levels, so I never have to struggle with diabetes like my dad and other family members on my dad's side of the family do.
  4. Keep a healthy liver.
  5. Lose weight, in a healthy way.  A change in lifestyle.  A realistic change that I can stick with.
  6. Exercise...  For energy, stress relief, help sleep better, and to help all of the above.
  7. Try to drink more green tea, instead of coffee.  I still enjoy my Starbucks, but that needs to be a treat.
  8. Set rewards for when I achieve each milestone on my "GET HEALTHY" journey.  Things such as a trip for Rich and I or a friend and I to Vail or Washington State after I lose my goal weight and get to where the doctor wants me with my blood work.  The little rewards would be after each 5 lbs a manicure or to have a day at Boarders to lounge and read whatever I feel like, with no kids, just along time.  And, I can buy a book on my way out.  10 lbs goals can be manicure and pedicures, or a new pair of shoes.  
  9. What I will do to get fit, besides try my best....Go to the gym.  Go to Spin class, after I get a more comfy bike seat lol.  Enjoy a body pump class after I am fully healed from my surgery.  I still get very swollen and have pain when working out.
  10. Walk outside more often, even after the gym to get fresh air.  The kids and I love walking to the park etc.
  11. Try and take the proper steps to exercising.  I get very frustrated with my abdomen getting so swollen after work outs, and then hurting for a day.  For instance, I go into the gym looking good, and come out looking totally bloated from not being fully recovered inside yet.  
  12. I have to allow myself to say it is ok, to do half of a class, until I am fully recovered, and add a little more every week.  Also, to allow myself to try new things such as water aerobics or swimming laps.
  13. All in all, I want to take control of my health.  Not meds to control my health.  My synthroid is here for life.  Hypothyroidism does not disappear.
  14. Keep reminding myself, even though it takes more work and efforts to lose weight due to my thyorid, that I still stick to it.  
  15. I really really want to try yoga.  Anyone who knows me lol, knows I need yoga.  So, one of these days, I just need to try it, and stop saying, I need to try it.
Each day is a different part of our journey.  I need to enjoy my journey, so I can always have the good memories and stories to share with my kids, my friends, and family.  It is what makes life interesting, and we all know, I do not lead a dull life lol.

I ask that you please pray for me, that I can stick this out, and reach my goals.  I really want this, but need a lot of encouragement and support.  I love health advice, good recipes, tips, and anything homeopathic I am open to.  I have not done it yet, but I hope to get more into eating organic foods.  I hope to update you on my GET HEALTHY for me journey.  Let me know if you want to join my me in my adventure, let me know. 

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Hey I am proud of you!!!! I KNOW U CAN DO IT!!!!!!

give me an M-----M
give me an I-----I
give me a C------C
give me an H-----H
give me an E-----E
give me an L-----L
give me another L------L
give me an E-----E
what does it spell MICHELLE GOOOOO MICHELLE!


and hey in all seriousness another reward for you if you like them is every 10/15 lbs and full body massage... man that are my rewards for every 10lbs I lose. I would love to do gym.. we need to get a schedule of what is offered with times...sit down with a calendar and write down when/where and what class we will take.

PRAYING HARD FOR YOU AND PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!!!

love ya lots friend
Cassie