The Kilcoyne Clan

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall in Katy, TX 2010

Let's see...

Things have been interesting.  We went from our first love, Illinois, back to Katy, TX.  We have grown to like it, but still our hearts are in IL.

Jimmy and Maggie's school are above and beyond anything I could have dreamed of for my kids.  HONEST!  Jimmy's teacher perfects the word " PERFECT Kindergarten Teacher".  We really love her, Jimmy has a smile on his face everyday after school.  She also puts a huge smile on my face after leaving when I volunteer at his school every week.  I never in a million years thought I would love volunteering at a school so much until this year.  Being involved with my kids and their lives has become somewhat of a passion.  I just enjoying knowing the kids he hangs with, the people that are teaching my child and seeing the walls of the school he walks into from 820 am - 340 pm daily.  That is a long day.  If Jimmy is so happy after such a long day.  I want to see what the buzz is all about lol.  Well, I did.

Maggie's school is wonderful as always.  She is still at the same school as last year, and I can't say enough about it.  She learns so much, has a blast, and has made some great friends.  I have made some great mama friends here too, whom will become my friends for a lifetime.  They have been here for me through thick and thin.  For those of you who know me I have a pretty intense life sometimes.  So, thank you for being there for me in the good and bad.

Buddy and Daisy had a BLAST in IL, and have been ok after being back in TX.  I know they would rather be by extended family as well lol.  Daisy this past few week has been declining in her health which has been gut wrenching for me to say the very least.  We found out that she has a disease called lumbarsacaral disease.  Which is a large build up of calcium on the end of her back bone which is trying to connect itself to her pelvic bone.  It is also the bone that serves the bones to her nerves.  She has been in a great deal of pain but we have her on some great meds.  After 6 days of the meds we are slowly seeing her get better.  I hope and pray for her to get better and better everyday.  With me walking around with puffy eyes and exhausted, it's tough.  Buddy is the usual Mayor McCheese of the town. 

Rich is super busy with work and traveling all over the world lately.  From TX to IL to MI to South Africa.  Don't forget LA, NJ, NY, and IN.  We miss him a lot, but sometimes.  It is what it is.  He is employed and we are happy and thankful for that.  He is also cooking up some awesome meals on the weekends which we all enjoy.

Not much new with me.  Just trying to keep our home as comfy and on schedule as possible.  I also have been enjoying a class at the YMCA called Zumba and walking/running at the Cinco Ranch Beach Club.  It is very peaceful and beautiful.  Zumba, well, it is just fun, to see me dance without alcohol and not at a wedding, purely hilarious.  But, WHO CARES, right lol.  I have also really been getting into the new show "Chase".  It is on Monday nights.  It is also based in Houston.  LOL, who knew. 

My mom also just came for a long weekend visit to Katy.  Maggie did not leave her side, and had a hardtime with her leaving.  We went to the Houston Zoo, rode the choo choo that brings you around Memorial Hermann Park.  I think that is the name of it.  It's right outside of the Medical District in Houston.  We also went to movie night at Crosspoint and saw The Lion King.  A first for my kids.  They liked it but were scared of it too.  My mom and I got to spend a day shopping.  She took me out for my belated bday and I LOVED IT!!!!!  Then on Monday my mom and I took the kids to the Rainforest Cafe.  Talk about seeing the kids in HEAVEN!  It was adorable.

Now life is back to our reg routine, except for us all being sad and dealing with Daisy.  Maggie will be Sleeping Beauty for Halloween and Jimmy Luke Skywalker.  He is VERY into Lego's and building things.  He also loves the Trio blocks...my little engineer and artist.... He also LOVES to create new things on paper.  Maggie is just loving play dough, coloring, and dressing up.

I hope all is well with everyone.  Miss y'all...as I say now.  It is easier to type, and I have to pick up something form Texas right?  I will NEVER pick up soda....  Not in TX or NJ.  I refuse.  HAHAHAHAHAH  
XOXO

No comments: