The Kilcoyne Clan

Monday, July 26, 2010

Things on my mind......

Today the kids, my mom and I saw Despicable Me and it was cute.  The kids had a great time and were glued to the movie screen.  LOL.   Of course eating their popcorn too.  Then it was off to Caputo's for some delicious and fresh lunch meat, homemade cheese, fruits, veggies etc.  The kids are now napping.  I have some minor errands to run in about an hour and a date with one of my BEST adult friends in the world.  Susan.  Many do not know here, but she is one of my bff's that I have met as an adult, so she does not hang with my other friends and I. 

Last Friday Jimmy had his first official successful sleep over at his friends house.  Patrick and Andrew, they are all great kids and their family is one of our VERY close family friends since Rich and I moved to IL from NJ over 8 yrs ago.  Friday we are going out with our other good friends.  My friend Michelle is playing hooky from work and her two girls who are the same ages as mine....We are going to the Children's Museum in Naperville, swimming etc. 

This past Saturday night we had a DELICIOUS family dinner at Wildfire with my parents, brother, GG and us.  We had celebrated Michael and my bdays.  Then I was off to my friend Michelle's house to hang and LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH for 4 hours.  One of the very best laughs I have had in I can't remember how long.  Eyes watering, stomach hurting, coughing for air, and exhausted when I was done.  The kind of laughing that when you go home and days later are still laughing about the story you shared together. 

Earlier in the summer Rich, Jimmy, Paul, Andrew and Patrick had the annual boys sleep over on the Laskosz's boat.  They are docked at the Abby in Lake Geneva.  I also got to enjoy time with Laura having some drinks, and eating some great Mexican food.  Sharing stories, laughing and sharing heart felt stories as well.  I don't know what I would do without Laura.  She is one of the sweetest warmest people I know....  LOL, kind of like a fresh Krispy Kreme Donut.  YA never forget it.  EVER.

Then there was the day with the Cano's.  Lourdes came over with the kiddos for us to go swimming, eat great food made by my mom and I enjoyed meeting her son.  Lo and I also took the dogs and the kids to explore Pop Pop's garden, and to check out the lake.  The dogs went for a dip and Buddy looked like a lazy hippo after awhile lol.  One thing Lourdes and I have.......  We have know one another since 1st grade.  I sat in front of her in class.  We sat in my room talking and reading magazines like we have known each other and doing the same things we have done since grade school.   Cackling at old stories....  SO MANY GREAT STORIES.

Then there was visiting the Gatto's.  Jimmy still can't stop talking about wanting to play hockey again like Dominick.  He thinks Dommy is one of the most talented kids he has ever met.  So cute and sweet.  In fact, he just asked me again today when we are going to go to one of Dominick's hockey games....  Hopefully this week if they are still playing.  Jimmy really looks up to Dommy.  Dommy's twin sister Delaney is like a guardian angel to Maggie.  She plays with her, is patient with her and dresses her up. Then there is John Patrick and Joey.  AKA batch #2.  Her second set of twins.  SO CUTE and SO sweet.  They are a TRIP to watch.  They are Colleen's extra legs and arms.  I of course get to have total comfort hanging out with Colleen, their mommy, an my old college roommate.  We have a million stories, and a million memories until this day.  Kid stories, family stories, and stories of being crazy and fancy free in college. 

I have so many more stories that I will tell about our trip.  Seeing the Gassmann's, Mikec's, Wadington's, my cousin's, and many more others.  In the mean time...  My dad is doing ok from his last stroke in the beginning of July.  Good and bad days.  I worry about him.  Rich is super busy with work, but got to enjoy some time with his friends as well.

ME....I dread going back to TX.  NOT because of any other reason then that I will miss my family and friends in IL, worry about my dad, and the life I have here.  I have met some of the most wonderful friends in Katy, I don't want to sell that short at all.  TX is just not for me, I just don't feel like it is home. 

No comments: