The Kilcoyne Clan

Monday, October 25, 2010

Everyone has a Passion....

Everyone has a passion in life, what is yours?  Besides your family and friends that is....

 Well, my passion is animals, and helping people whom are unable to help themselves and need passion and compassion.

With that being said above, I feel that animals are the single most wonderful creatures in our world.  Especially our pets, and others pets as well.  When I see a pet, I see a genuine soul, true love, and companionship.    I speak mostly of dogs, due to my experience and love for my own two labs.  Buddy and Daisy.  My life would never be the same or so feel so rich because of them.  They know when I am sad, happy, depressd, mellow and chilled out, nervous, or needing a little extra lovin.  They are the best.  Animals love you no matter what.  They can not talk, so they live by our emotions and we live by theirs.  The love they give is amazing.  They make me laugh out loud, feel good when I don't by letting me just pet them and be by them.  Just lay still.  Even when they are in the worst or most painful moments of their lives, they just want to give all they can to make you happy and let you know how much they love you. 

This past week when Daisy was sick I would sleep by her side, same would Rich.  We just pet her, loved her, prayed over her, and for her.  I could not imagine not being at her side during her hardest time she has had in her life so far.  We thought we had to put her down, the papers were signed and all.  Then there was a change of heart due to our most wonderful vet in the world.  Dr Baker.  I respect and look up to this man like no other.  She is honest, passionate and compassionate.  Cool, calm and collect.  Just what we needed. 

Many of people may have thought that Rich and I were out of our minds to drive our dog to IL, and fly the kids and I up north to my parents house to what we thought was to put our precious dog to rest.  Well, how could we not.  She has been there unconditionally for us through everything.  Moving to different houses, out of state, me having my surgeries she would jump gently on the bed, lay by me and not leave my side.  Just be there for me for whatever I needed.  She just asked for love, food, water and a yard to use the bathroom.  She lays by the kids doors when Rich is out of town, or in their rooms, even in front of the front door, just to be sure everyone and everything is ok.  She does nothing but protect us from any sort of danger. 

It is truly amazing what one dog will do for a family member or for eachother.  While Daisy was stuck on the stairs the other day and my mom was upstairs and I was in our basement with friends playing with the kids.  Buddy would just keep barking and barking on and on and on.  Louder, more serious and blubbering.  Back and forth at my mom and the basement door.  So, my mom then yells for me, in a panic.  Daisy was stuck on the stairs scared to death.  She was trying to come down by the kids.  When there is a baby around she does not leave their side no matter where we are.  That is just Daisy.  Anyway.  My point.  Buddy was trying to tell my mom that something was very wrong and he was absolutely right and it was just amazing that he did that for her.  I had to carry her up the stairs and listen to her yelp and cry.  She was scared and hurt, but was going to be ok.  Buddy then just gave her a lick, me a lick, and walked and laid down by his sister.

So, this is why I have a passion for animals.  They are amazing.  They are nothing by the best.  All they want in return is the same love and respect and just to be there for them.  They can't walk and don't understand why their bodies are sick and don't know what to do and are embarrassed, this is when they count on us to tell them that everything is going to be ok, lay by them and pet them.  Simply love them.

What is your passion?  I know what mine is.

No comments: