The Kilcoyne Clan

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Random Updates

Hello.

This is not the usual blog that I use, but I was told I was going to lose old posts if I did not update something today.  So here I am.  I am going to write something lol.  Then I will go to my usual blog and write something else.  OR, maybe I could just copy and paste, that sounds nice and easy. 

Life has been fun and exciting.  The kids have been busy with sports and getting ready for school to end.  We have been spending a lot of time at Grandma and Pop Pop's house swimming and visiting.  We have also been spending a lot of time with cousin's and extended family.  There have been Graduations happening and new adventures awaiting those who are moving onto their next chapters in life.  I wish everyone the best. 

New has always been something exciting to me, but old has always been comforting for me.  Our new neighbors and house is exciting and becoming comforting as well.  Our neighbors I should actually say are just comforting, loving, helpful, and friendly.  I could not feel more blessed.  I am sure you are all sick of me saying how great my neighbors are, but they really are.  Living in a place where you feel safe is important and healthy.  Inside the home it is important as well. 

My dad as many or all of you know was in the hospital for complications from his diabetes.  He is still not out of the woods and it has been a rough go.  We just continue to pray that he feels better and somehow his blood sugars get under control.  There is one word that describes diabetes for me TERRIFYING!!!!!!  Having it in the gene pool is not fun.  I still enjoy a sweet now and then and splurge at a party here and there, but otherwise I try to watch my carbs.  I do however need to keep up the exercise as well.  Just need more motivation for that.  My motivation for working out goes up and down.  Either I am totally into it or totally not.  Pretty annoying actually.

Buddy is almost 12 now and is doing great.  He is loving going to my parents house and living life.  My parents neighbor, ED, gives him hot dogs, and my mom gives him bread, I give him watermelon on melon.  He has the life I tell ya.  Which all I have to say to that is GOOD FOR HIM!!!  He deserves it.

Today Maggie and I were at the library and joined the reading club for the summer.  Jimmy and Maggie will both be in it and I am on my way to finding a good easy read and a new author I can enjoy as well.  Life gets to serious and sometimes, letting loose feels good. 

Rich has been traveling a lot these days and still more to come.  His schedule is unpredictable, but he loves what he is doing. 

Jimmy's main thing right now besides gymnastics is baseball.  He loves it.  Soccer just ended last weekend.  Maggie is also in gymnastics and starts ballet/jazz in 1.5 weeks.  She can't stop talking about it.  She will be going with her new friend Katelynn.  The best part about that is that Jimmy enjoys Katelynn's brother Brett and I enjoy Katelynn's mom, Kim.  It's a win, win.  The 4 kids will also be going to VBS together as well. 

Tomorrow is Jimmy's "More Day"  another word for "Field Day".  He is looking forward to it.  This will be his second one.  He had his first field day in preschool. 

Not much more to report.  Just working on becoming a better person and doing better things for our community and family everyday.  I like to think "Good People do Good Things!!!"  I want to be that motto not just say it.

I hope you are all doing well and hats off to a good start to a great summer!

No comments: